Heard of the metaphorical phrase – Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover? Yes, we all tend to do it. The first and foremost thing that will stand out about your website is its header. So here, the header of your website will act as the cover to the book. A well designed header will immediately attract the viewer’s attention, which should be the main goal. Once you catch someone’s attention, you also capture their interest and curiosity, and they are much more likely to spend more time on your website and return again in the future. Without a proper header, your competitors may stand you out.
A website header should ultimately serve two purposes:
- The first is to reflect the quality and the personality of the website. It has to be an accurate, appropriate, and sophisticated representation of what the website aims to do.
- The second is to make the reader feel something. If the header gives off good vibes, and the reader feels like the website could be useful or interesting to them, then you have succeeded in creating a great header and gaining more followers.
Fortunately, there are many ways you can design interesting and thought-provoking headers for your webpage, like using big imagery, featuring illustrations, overlaying the title with the content, and last but not least, there’s nothing like creating your own unique logo to truly leave your mark and make a lasting impression on someone. Some users prefer simple, unique and clear designs and if you do too, you’re at the right place!
We offer 6 classic Header designs along with the color schemes. They all have some features in common as mentioned below.
- You can have a search icon
- Icons for over 50+ social networking websites, which you can enable/disable as per your needs
- Space for mentioning the the name of the organisation
- Space for inserting your/your organisation’s logo
Scroll down and look what fits your needs the best! If you want to see a live preview, just click on the image to see the header come alive.
1. Two Is Better Than One:
Needs are limitless, right? Here, we offer you two navigation options. One above your site name and one below it. The benefits that you receive are:
- You can have two different naviagtion instead of only one.
- You can link to 50+ social networking sites with their Logos
- Moreover, you can switch between adding advertisements or keeping the search and the social icons
2. Keep It Classic
For the people who want their site header to be classic and simple, this is the right design for you! You can keep this header with a single color that matches with your theme and you will definitely attract readers who like not-so-fancy things.
This header shares the common features from the first design, but the major difference with this is that here you have just one navigation option.
3. Connecting With People
“The success of the organisation is primarily because of the happy customers whereas your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Staying in touch with your customers builds tender relationships with them. Similar to the previous header design, there’s one navigation option here but the USP of this header is that, you can add any text in the upper panel.
For instance, if you want to be connected with your customers, you can mention your contact Information there.
For the people who don’t want to add any colors to their headers and make it look as simple as it could, this is the right header for them. This is exactly similar to the Header-2, but has more of a regular look.
5. Shady Color Scheme
Keeping your Header clear and simple but adding some shades of color might add a pinch of creativity. Select the scheme of your choice and it will appear as a thin bottom line under your header as a gradient.
6. Lets Centralize the Name
The people who want to highlight the name of their organisation can opt for this header. This header also has as many features as the above headers have. But its uniqueness lies in Name / Logo of the organisation, that is, the name of the organisation stays in the centre making it different from all the other headers.